What Employers Look For
Many of the skills employers look for in a candidate are transferable skills, or skills that can be used in a variety of jobs.
The top skills employers look for when taking on new employees are:
- People skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Good communication & listening skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Candidates the has initiative and a can-do attitude
- Problem-solving skills
An interview can help a Manager determine three things before making a decision to hire you:
- Can you do the job: Do you have the necessary skills, abilities, knowledge, experience & qualifications?
- Are you motivated: Are you motivated, dependable and do your goals benefit the company?
- Do you fit with the organization: Does your appearance, presentation & good attitude go well with the culture of the company?